Monday 8 July 2013

Take the National Express when your life's in a mess, It'll make you smile...

 Hello,
cor!   What a scorcher!
I have been trying to make some pieces, but have been very distracted with Holly moving back home, 
the sunny weather 
 and attending a wonderful Workshop at Unit Twelve Stafford...with Priscilla Jones 
The Workshop is in conjunction with the 'Lost and Found' Exhibition currently running at Unit Twelve.
The Workshop theme :  Create fabulous 3D structures that are assembled using found materials such as ephemera, fabrics, wire and found oddments; using a range of processes including stitch, paint and wax. Materials will be available but do bring fabrics, ephemera, papers and an old box or tin to present your finished piece in.
 What a fabulous teacher Priscilla is.   Generous with her knowledge and so incredibly talented.
I decided to not make a 3d piece ... but a necklace.
Here are a few snaps of the day...
I believe the next two pics to be Jennifer Collier's work, the owner of Unit Twelve.

 Herbert Hare and a Wonkey Donkey and this lovely Haberdashery man...
 Batik pots on the go...
 and work made by the lovely ladies at the Workshop...



 Jennifer and Priscilla...




 this pic summed the day up for me...a very happy one.

Thanks for stopping by. x
ps: next week I am hoping to hold another 'Giveaway' and announce a couple of Hen's Teeth Workshop dates x

11 comments:

Jayne said...

That looks a fantastic workshop, two of my favourite people, I have seen both of their work at the Biscuit Factory in Newcastle and Farfield Mill in Sedbergh. I love their work and how great to have them both together. Love your necklace, your distinctive style shines through, I new before you told me that it was your piece! Loving your new work, you put me to shame. Glad you had a great day. x

somewhere on the avenue said...

Greta pieces, the bunny is so adorable, in fact it all looks amazing xx

Plain Jane said...

Oh I have a voucher for a workshop at Unit Twelve but have worried that I might be surrounded by a host of incredibly talented people - looks like I was right! I love the flowers but strangely my favourite is the little hare - what a character. Looking forward to hearing about your forthcoming workshops - I've really got to give one a go! Jane x (P.S. Love that song!)

Elderberry-Rob said...

what fun, I think when people get together creativity grows, I would have enjoyed this one. I love the little hare in the pictures, your necklace is fun too.

the woolly dog said...

lol as I read 'The Workshop theme; Create fabulous 3D structures...' and you wrote; 'I decided to not make a 3d piece ... but a necklace.' mind you I think I'd class the lovely necklace you made as 3D! I would have loved to have gone home with the bird box or the flowers.

Dotty said...

It looks like great fun!

Caterina Giglio said...

Looks like it was a fabulous workshop...

Anonymous said...

Fabulous ! I would like such creative workshops in my surrounds but... we have only classic and very very conventional patchwork clubs : not for me.

You look so happy ! ♥

Nijenn

Roben-Marie said...

This looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Gosh all that creativeness in one room, bet it was buzzing! :) x

sharon young said...

Looks like an amazing workshop, I love your necklace and all the other work was so inspiring and fresh too.